The IPR microprocessor protection relays are designed for performing the functions of relay protection, control of high-voltage feeder circuit-breakers, and generation of alarm signals for bays of 6 kV-35 kV transformers, networks, cables, motors.
The unit is designed for installation in relay compartments of MV panels, complete switchgears, relay protection cabinets, and electric plant and substation control panels.
The unit is a modern digital protection, control and emergency shutdown device that represents a combined multi-function unit integrating various protection, monitoring, control, and alarm functions.
IPR protection types:
- Phase-to-phase fault current cutoff
- Three-phase phase-to-phase fault overcurrent protection
- Single-phase earth fault current cutoff
- Earth fault overcurrent protection
- Alarm operating earth fault protection
Beside protection functions, the IPR unit has the following capabilities:
- Storage of log data for operating modes;
- Emergency and event recording;
- Automatic internal diagnosis, which virtually prevents any failure or false tripping of protection systems;
- Possible remote control of switching apparatus through local networks;
- The unit can be integrated in the SСADA system. Control and monitoring is performed via the local network through RS 485 serial interface under MODBUS RTU protocol.