The automated control system for electric energy distribution processes performs the functions of automated remote monitoring and control of switching devices, digital protection devices, and other intelligent power facility devices using JSC «PO Eltechnika» equipment.
The automated control system has a two-level hierarchy structure:
- the low technology level which is mandatory to be included in the scope of supply;
- the high operator's level can be supplied optionally at the Client's request.
The Eltechnika-KP telemechanics system is used as a low level of the system. The Eltechnika-PU dispatching system is used as a high level of the system.
The Eltechnika-KP telemechanics system is a data supplier for any high-level system of the Client.
The Client is given the possibility to create automated workstations, using Eltechnika-PU dispatching system facilities, if no high-level system exists. By means of automated workstations, the attending personnel can supervise processes running in remote power facilities and flexibly communicate with all equipment supplied by our company.
Features of the Eltechnika-KP telemechanics system:
Unlike telemechanics systems made in accordance with conventional circuitry based on RTU devices, the architecture of the Eltechnika-KP telemechanics system is based on multi-function microprocessor devices. Each multi-function microprocessor device performs functions required for high-quality monitoring and control of specific parameters at every substation automation level: a bay - a cubicle - a substation
To do this, the company's personnel install additional equipment inside the substation MV panels, switchgears, low-voltage panels that acquire the following main groups of parameters:
- positions of substation switching devices (by means of intelligent RTU modules installed additionally in each microprocessor protection relay compartment);
- the parameters of the substation electrical annex, control and relay protection devices (by means of microprocessor protection relays installed on the substation);
- the parameters of active, reactive, and energy metering facilities (by means of electric power meters installed at the substations or by means of digital multi-function measuring transmitters installed additionally).
Each intelligent device is connected to the central processing unit - substation controller through its digital communication channel, which controller is located in a separate cabinet - the telemechanics system cabinet - together with the channel forming equipment.
For establishing digital communication channels at the substation level, the industrial Ethernet or RS-485 industrial interface is used with various network topology options: "common bus", "star", "ring" or "mixed".
For establishing the main and backup communication channels between the substation and control center, a channel equipment is used providing data communication through the following communication channels:
- Single mode/multi mode fiber-optic communication lines;
- GSM/CDMA cellular communication lines;
- Radio channels;
- Dedicated or dial-up telephone line channels;
- RS-485 industrial interface or other communication channels.
- The system is based on the space-distributed data acquisition and control principle where each intelligent device contains its own microprocessor and is capable of performing data acquisition, primary processing, and control functions placed on it irrespective of the status of the whole system.
- The space-distributed modular principle of establishing a system considerably simplifies its modification when the telemechanics system structure needs correction at the stage of normal operation.
- The reason of improvement of the metrological characteristics is that processing of data is performed in the location where the signals are generated rather than in the KP controller .
- Cut down on labor cost due to the removal of necessity to lay large cable bundles in the field conditions, as each new intelligent device is located in the immediate vicinity of its source signal.
- Considerable reduction of the system cost thanks to the leveraging of intelligent devices that already exist inside the MV panels (low-voltage complete device panels) e.g. electric power meters or circuit-breaker electronic release in 0.4 kV switchgears.
- Reduction of the number of data acquisition physical locations.
- Increase of data amount transmitted from the substation thanks to the leveraging of the capabilities of the intelligent devices used (the values of relay protection setpoints, power circuit breaker diagnostic parameters etc.).
- Information compatibility with various Client's high-level systems (dispatching systems, online information and control complexes and other systems) on the basis of open technologies and open data exchange protocols: DNO server, Modbus, Profibus and GOST R IEC 60870-5-101(104) protocols;
- Reduction of the system ownership and development cost thanks to removal of analog sensors, signal interfacing and conditioning devices.
As a result, the use of versatile solutions based on intelligent devices will provide independence from the telemechanics system supplier for the Client. All industrial equipment used as main equipment of the telemechanics system has the respective certificates and is successfully used both in Russia and abroad.
If necessary, the Client can purchase from the established Russian suppliers of automation equipment and install the required telemechanics equipment interdependently during operation of the telemechanics system. During design of the telemechanics system, equipment from both Russian and foreign manufacturers can be used depending on the task in hand.
JSC «PO Eltechnika» offers full range of services:
- Supply and connection of all Eltechnika-KP telemechanics system devices;
- Supply and connection of transmission channel-forming equipment at the substation level;
- Supply and connection of reception channel-forming equipment at the main control center.
- Hook-up and start-up works:
- Dismantling of telemechanics equipment at the Client's substation in the field;
- Adjustment of telemechanics system devices;
- Installation and connection of the ACS cabinet.
- Involvement in the acceptance test:
- Setup and functional check of channel equipment of the main and backup communication channel between the ACS cabinet and main control center;
- Test of stable data exchange through the main and backup communication channel between the KP controller and server software of Client's high-level system;
- Check of the validity of displayed information on the substation equipment status at the operative dispatching service automated workstation.
- Development of terms of reference for design of integrated telemechanics system;
- Generation of detailed design documentation and integration in the telemechanics project;
- Configuration of telemechanics system devices;
- Instruction of the Clients' personnel.